Youth Group Advisors
Mamie Broadhurst email@example.com
Larry Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Rice email@example.com
March included a time of service at One Stop (Capital Area Alliance for the Homeless) cleaning out their courtyard so it will be more usable space, planning for Youth Sunday (April 2 – don’t miss it!), and camping out at the Feliciana Camp and Conference Center in 33 degree weather. A special shout out to the Strains and Savicki-Kellys for organizing the campout!
2 Youth Sunday – 11am worship. No meeting in the evening.
9 No Youth Group – Easter Sunday
16 No Youth Group – Spring Break
23 Patti’s Going Away Party – Youth help set up and serve
30 Service Sunday – meet at UPC
- To build a sense of community allowing youth to have a place they know they belong and are valued. To feel closer to one another and to God.
- To have a venue to discuss significant issues (doubts, fears, hopes, dreams, questions) about life and faith.
- To serve the wider community as a part of putting our faith into action.
- Trust between youth and leaders
- Examination of the world and ourselves
- Faith put into action
- Service to each other and the community
- Participation in larger church activities
- Learning to define personal faith
- Being a place of hospitality for all people
- A deep sense of group identity
- Active service projects with the local community
- A good rotation of service, fellowship, and exploring faith
Sunday Evening Program
4:30-6:00pm Meet at UPC
Youth will occasionally spend extra time on Sunday or Saturday with a service event. When this occurs, there will usually not be a regularly scheduled youth event for that Sunday evening.
Parking Lot Duty
High School youth are expected to help on at least 3 of the days UPC opens the parking lot for home football games as the majority of the funds raised by that activity benefits them. If you are uncomfortable with your child’s participation because of COVID, please talk with Mamie to see about other ways they can help.
To be sure your family is aware of upcoming events, needs, changes, and more we need to know the best way to communicate with you and/or your child. Emails will have quick summaries at the top with schedule/needs highlighted. If asked, please respond as soon as you are able with whether or not your child/children will be able to attend any given event.
We want to make sure kids get something to tide them over before dinner, and we know that different kids have different dietary needs. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions we should be aware of. We may ask for help from families in providing snacks.
3240 Dalrymple Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Created by dezinsINTERACTIVE.
© Copyright 2015-2019 University Presbyterian Church of Baton Rouge. All rights reserved.